In winter, the water pump must not only be antifreeze, but also the maintenance of accessories
1. After the water pump is out of service, drain the remaining water in the water pump and the pipeline, and clean the external soil, so as to avoid the accumulation of water and ice after freezing and the pump body and the water pipe will burst.
2. For cast iron parts such as the bottom valve and elbow of the water pump, the rust should be cleaned with a wire brush, and then painted with anti-rust paint and then painted. After being dry, put it in the ventilated and dry center of the engine room or storage room .
3. The belt is driven. After the belt is removed, it is washed and dried with warm water and hung in the center where there is no direct sunlight and is not exposed to oil, corrosion and smoke. Under any circumstances, do not stain the belt with oils such as engine oil, diesel or gasoline, and do not apply rosin and other viscous materials.
4. Check the ball bearings, if the inner and outer jackets are worn out, fluttered, the balls are worn out, or there are spots on the outside, they must be replaced. For those that do not need to be changed, use gasoline or kerosene to clean the bearings, grease them, and reinstall them.
5. Check whether the impeller of the water pump has cracks or small holes, whether the fixing nut of the impeller is loose, repair or change if damaged. If the impeller is worn too much or broken, it should be replaced with a new one. Partial damage can be repaired by welding, and the impeller can also be repaired with epoxy mortar. The static equilibrium test should generally be stopped after the repaired impeller. Check the clearance at the wear-reducing ring of the impeller, if it exceeds the rule value, it should be repaired or replaced.
6. The bent or severely worn pump shaft should be repaired or replaced, otherwise it will cause the imbalance of the rotor and the wear of related parts.
7. The removed screws are soaked in diesel oil with a steel wire brush to clean them, and coated with oil or butter, re-installed or wrapped in plastic cloth and put away (also can be immersed in diesel oil for storage) to avoid corrosion or loss. Six ways to avoid freezing of water pumps: It is common for water pumps to freeze, especially in northern regions. It is easy to freeze in winter. In view of this situation, we have summarized the following measures to maintain the pump. The following six points are the matters needing attention for winter pumps. More maintenance is required to prevent freezing and cracking of the pump and shorten the service life of the pump.
1. Empty the water in the pump and add water when using it. Avoid freezing and cracking of the water pump.
2. If the water pump freezes, use hot water or boiling water to pour the ice into the water pump. Or heating the water pump housing.
3. Use downhole pumps. Put the water pump in the well, the ordinary downhole pump is deep in the air and will not freeze.
4. Use heat-preserving water…Add the heat-preservation layer to steam or heat-freeze with a waterproof pump.
5. Using non-self-priming centrifugal pump. When using, just add water. 6. Place the pump in a normal temperature environment. Just zero degrees.
Post time: Jan-21-2021